The above is a quick scrap page I made with the
Snowflakes digi kit by DeeDee's Digi's
as part of the House of Cards blog hop.
(Use code STMMMS23251 during checkout to receive $10 off the purchase of MyMemories Suite 7 and 10% Off Photobooks and Photo Gifts plus a code for your first month free to the Design Club!
OR keep on reading to see how you could possibly win a copy !)
The stripes and snowflake covered background papers
as well as the larger snowflake images and
word art are included in the kit.
My Memories has thousands and thousands of
digital kits and other content available for purchase
on their site. There are also freebies by generous
designers. However, if you find a kit from another designer
elsewhere on the internet (there must be millions of digital products out there!)
that you really like, it can easily be used in the My Memories software.
In fact, they've made it easier than ever to import designs bought elsewhere !
Add custom or 3rd party content:
1. Open a desired type of content tab in the control panel. (backgrounds,
embellishments, shapes, or imprints.)
2. Click on the Custom (folder) icon.
3. Browse to the folder on your computer containing custom images.
4. Select the image, and click ok.
Display custom or 3rd party content in the gallery:
1. Open an album.
2. Click on a desired content type gallery icon. (Embellishment, background, or imprint)
3. Click on the orange browse icon.
4. Browse to a folder on your computer containing the custom images.
5. With the folder selected click Ok or Open.
6. The images within the folder will then display in the gallery on the left.
How I made the scrap page:
I used shapes included in the My Memories software
(easily altering the size and shape)
then color filled them using the color picker tool
to coordinate with the digi kit papers.
I also added shadows to each shape to create dimension.
My Memories software has been around for a few years.
Version 7 is now available and wow,
does it have some fun new improvements !
I have yet to try them all out, but looking at the list
of the features, I know I can't wait to try them.
(click above for pdf with photos)
- New user interface designed to be less distracting, placing emphasis on the project.
- Photos used in the album are now tracked through the gallery with an indicator.
- Blur the edges of photos with a right-click.
- Fill a .png image with a photo. (embellishments, imprints, etc)
- Text has been overhauled with a new Jword editor. You can now tab space, and wrap
text. The edit mode should more accurately reflect how it will display on the canvas
when exiting edit mode.
- Shapes and Imprints can now be cropped, similar to embellishments and photos.
- Browse to specific image types from within a gallery. (embellishments, shapes,
- Force images to be the same cropped size with a right-click. The bottom layer image
will crop to the top layer image size.
- You can now right-click on an object layer to display edit options.
- Custom browse icons have been added to each content panel so it is easier to add
specific image types.
- Increased the number of items that can be added to a custom category. (Previous limit
was 40 per category.)
- Rearrange custom categories for backgrounds and embellishments using the up and
down arrow icons with the category selected.
- You can now left-click on an image layer to select it on the canvas. (Previously required
- Add auto captions to existing photos from a right-click.
- Move pages within your album to a new page by right-clicking on the page thumbnail,
and choosing the new page number.
- Added a paint bucket to imprint paint options. This allows you to flood fill same color
pixels within the imprint.
- Make photo boxes the same size as embellishment objects, with a right-click while
having both an embellishment and box selected.
- Tile the applied background on the current page.
- Calendar years can now go back several years.
- Additional corner rounding styles have been added. If you round a photo with a rightclick
you can now choose from the standard round, or some new styles.
- Hide and show the control panel and page thumbnails from the View menu.
- Master page layer can be enabled from the View menu. Any objects added to the
master layer will display throughout the entire album.
- In addition to the photo icon under shapes you can now add a photo to a shape with a
- Preferences have been updated with more defaults for text, view options, and more.
- Relative spacing guides now display on the canvas when moving or sizing objects.
- Added the cards, postcards, swatchbooks, and pages options into the share menu.
If you'd like a chance to win a copy
of the new and improved digital scrapbook
(and more!) software from My Memories,
please leave a comment below,
including what new feature you like,
before Midnight CST on December 9th, 2015.
I will randomly choose one person
that has left a comment that includes
what new feature they like.
Winner will be announced on my blog
December 10th, 2015.