Thursday, December 24, 2015

Fancy Cash Envelope Gift










Wow, was it late and the light not the best in the craft dungeon
when I started this project: I didn't realize the decorative paper was pink !

I made the envelope and band, then when I was going to attach the
poinsettia flower (leftover from my photo frame card project last year)
I realized it was pink !  I decided to go ahead and finish it off,
finding a pink card stock in my stash that coordinated well enough
to heat emboss and cut out the MOM letters on. 


The project details:
Decorative paper is from an old Die Cuts With A View
Christmas paper stack, 12"x 12'.

Pink, black and silver card stocks from Stampin' Up!

Lightweight red, green and yellow card stocks, unsure of manufacturer.

Stamp set and scallop edge paper punch, Stampin' Up!

Poinsettia die, cricut.com

Gray grosgrain ribbon, Walmart.


I found logos (and had to make some) to local restaurants
that my Mom likes to eat out at with her friends. 
I sized them onto regular printer paper, printed them out
then attached $10 bills to each one (with an extra $20 in back). 
The idea is for her to use them when she goes out to lunch !
Of course she can use them on whatever she'd like. 

I printed and cut the pieces of paper first, 
then used the dimensions to determine how big to 
make the envelope from a single sheet of 12"x 12"paper. 
Really quite easy to do, no pattern necessary. 



I'll be giving this to her tonight at our bittersweet get together:
our first Christmas without my Dad.


I almost forgot to share another one I made:



Thanks for looking and
Merry Christmas  ! 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea. Hope your holiday is good We both will have rough ones. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)