Tuesday, December 1, 2015

House Of Cards Blog Hop



December 1st (seriously ? the year is nearly over ?!?), time for a new challenge at House of Cards! This month it is an inspiration photo - with a blog hop and design team call. Play along, leaving comments at each of the designers blogs, and  you'll have a chance to win a prize from one of our sponsors ! The hop runs through December 15th at noon CST. Be sure to read our House Rules first ;) You should have arrived here from Emily's blog if you are hopping with us. 








Inspiration Photo









Closeup of my card to show the shimmer.
Obviously the kraft and pink colors were the biggest inspiration,
but also the glass of bubbly beverage (pearl colored shimmer paper
and clear rhinestones), fluted bowl edge (border punch)
and silverware ( almost silver snowflakes).







HOW I MADE THE CARD:


I started with the Snowflakes kit by one of our sponsors, DeeDee's Digi's.








I opened up the snowflake2 outline PNG image in Photoshop Elements 10, reduced it in size to create various size flakes. I moved them around to make a tree shape onto a 3.75" x 5" transparent background. I printed it out (ink color was charcoal gray) onto a shimmery pearl colored paper bought at an office supply store. Because the paper had a "slick" finish to it, the ink from my inkjet printer did not dry so I was able to sprinkle it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. This made for a sort of silver look to the snowflakes and sentiment (note: the paper did warp a little bit).  I did the same thing with the Season's Greetings sentiment from the digi kit.  


Both pieces were cut to the size I needed to complete my card. The card front had pink ink sponge daubed over the embossed snowflakes that I then added clear rhinestones to. The edges were pierced. It is layered over pink card stock that I paper punched along one edge with a snowflake border punch (sorry, no idea of the manufacturer as there are no markings on it). 


The card front is layered onto a top fold kraft card stock base. 


The hand cut banners were folded and glued into place. 


The inside is lined with pearl shimmer paper. 









I also used the new My Memories Suite V7 software with the digital papers that are included in the digital kit to create a simple scrap page. I'll share that project on my blog tomorrow; be sure to comment on tomorrows digi scrap page post  at craftysahmiam.blogspot.com for a chance to win a copy of this software !



Keep on hopping though the House of Cards Design Team blogs. Up next is  Jane's blog


Here is the entire list of design team members blogs. Remember to leave a comment on each blog for a chance to win one of the hidden prizes ! 



Heather - you are here



Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !

24 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love that pink and snowflakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your glittery goodness. The snowflakes with bling are a perfect translation of the photo inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for the blog hop. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shimmer - opps something shiny always gets me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea! Snowflakes can create a Christmas tree, love the stamping and love the colours you've used. A really clever card Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really love your card !! Great and beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm learned a new thing here... Have to try to emboss a digis stamp the same way you did. Lovely card, I also picked up the craft and pink from the inspiration photo.
    (✿*‿*) Ma
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cool! I love that! I never tried to emboss a digi before! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Heather, the close up really shows the beauty of it! Donna HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather, this is AMAZING! I LOVE the gorgeous way you created the tree--your tutorial is fabulous, too! Beautiful work! Thank you SO MUCH for all you've done at HOC the past term! Sending lots of HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool you could heat emboss the inkjet--I have a laser printer but perhaps I should expand my xmas wishlist--LOL. Love your creation!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful idea, it look's great.
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's fab that you were able to emboss these lovely snowflakes! The shimmery paper is just lovely and the halo of pink is so pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with our technique challenge at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather, it's stunning! I love it! It's been an honor to be on the DT at HOC this term and I hope it continues!
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Très jolie carte Heather, brillante et scintillante comme une nuit de noël, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  17. A tree of snowflakes! I love it, very clever! Thank you for all your inspiration at the HOC over the last 6 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tree of dazzling snowflakes is so pretty Heather!! All the shimmer and sparkle from the paper and the flakes is so well... yeah! pretty!! the stitching around the border frames it in very nicely. I wish I saw that snowflake digi at Dee-Dee's.. It looks like a great set.. Awesome card teamie. See you around
    Shawna
    HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! Love the shimmer!
    Lilian HOC DT teamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - the shimmer on this card is dazzling - very beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love all of the shimmer! :) Hugs!-Katy HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Embossing a digi. I didn't know that worked. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you made a Cristmas tree using snowflakes, Heather.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Heather, I love how you transformed those snowflakes into a beautiful Christmas tree. The colors are beautiful. Hugs, Barbara HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)