Monday, December 21, 2015

Paper Cast Santa Wall Hanging


A new paper cast project !
All it needs is a frame.
The overall finished size is 8"x 8".
Perhaps I'll take apart my 12 x 12 shadowbox 
















I haven't made a paper cast in years.
A dozen years or so ago I made patriotic
themed paper cast images and framed them.
I also made some paper cast Christmas ornaments.
I sold a few of them at the school Christmas bazaar
that I used to organize, but haven't made any since. 









I recently found a paper cast kit,
never used, at a resale shop. 
I was able to make two paper casts out 
of the included supplies. 








"Pulp" before smooshing into the mold and removing water.











This is what the cast looks like after
smooshing the wet "pulp" into the mold, removing as much excess water as possible
then allowing it to dry thoroughly. It is a messy process, but neat to
see the end results. Terrific dimension and detail in this cast / mold.

I painted my dry paper cast with acrylic craft paints.

My design team duties at Anything But A Card have ended due to the site closing
so I was looking for a new challenge site or two for non card projects. 
I came across these and am entering my paper cast Santa wall hanging into them:





Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen a kit but I've done something similar using toilet paper wet and pressed into a cookie mold. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again in 2016. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)