Sunday, December 20, 2015

Stitched Fabric Trees Christmas Cards
















Little triangle bits of fabric leftover from the microwave bowl cozys I completed last year were transformed into trees for a few Christmas cards. I tried to machine stitch along the edges, but the pieces were so small, it was nearly impossible so I ended up hand stitching. I had planned on making several of these cards, but in the end decided hand stitching was going to take too long for the number I needed in a short amount of time. Perhaps I'll work on some throughout the coming year for next Christmas - I have dozens of triangle fabric pieces to repurpose into something!

I'm entering my stitched fabric tree cards into the Homespun Challenge at Less Is More. I love the theme of this challenge and if time permits, will whip up another card for it.

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !



4 comments:

  1. Heather what a super way to use your scraps and perfect for our theme!
    I don't always worry about stitching fabric on cards, just adhere it with sticky pads.
    Thank you for joining our last challenge of the year and wishing you a very happy new year.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great use of fabric pieces, and that design looks great used as trees.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homespun supreme! Great work and great use of your scraps Heather. Thanks so much for playing along and a Happy New Year to you.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that I'm so late in commenting but having various visitors over the holiday period made me rather behind!
    This is fabulous I love the stitching!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)