Wednesday, January 6, 2016

(Empty) Craft Dungeon

Craft dungeon before

Craft dungeon after




Due to the predicted crest of the flood hitting our area,
I decided to rent a box truck and enlisted the help
of a few family members/friends to haul everything out
of my craft dungeon on December 28th, 2015.
I was told by a couple of different "officials" that yes,
the crest would likely fill the basement and that we should
not even try to sandbag due to the amount of work and time
required to do so. We also had to let the basement fill with water
so the walls did not collapse due to hydro static pressure.
We live in a 110 year old two story farm house.
Needless to say, I was very upset when I heard that news. 

An entire 17 foot box truck was filled with all of my crafty things
and some other stuff that was stored in the basement. 
I could not risk losing it all in the flood,
insurance does not cover it. Nothing except
our furnace and water heater are covered in the basement.

I'm happy to say that although it was a lot of work saving
everything , the basement didn't flood as we thought
there was a good chance of. Levees breached which lowered the crest.
It was better to be safe than sorry.

The water got mighty close to the house though, surrounding us.
I'm looking forward to grocery shopping and errands 
(and finally being able to see Star Wars The Force Awakens!!!) 
tomorrow now that the roads are open again.
It will be my first time out and about since December 24th !





Now to finish unpacking the many boxes,
get the craft dungeon back in order.
The above photo shows half of what needs to be put back,
there are lots and lots of storage tubs to be brought in yet.
This is a daunting task, especially since I am the only one
working on it. I know where everything goes, 
the basement/dungeon is my domain, ha ! 


Needless to say,
 I was unable to create a card for my 
House of Cards Challenge design team duties
or
digital scrapbook pages for my
JMC Designs design team duties this month :(
I've honestly lost my motivation to even make anything
right now. I'm so wiped out from all the stress,
lack of sleep, unpacking yet to do, etc......... 
what a start to the New Year.


I hope that any of you reading this 
has not been affected by the various 
crazy weather events happening across our country.
I know how fortunate we were and 
feel for anyone that has lost anything due to
the flooding, fires, etc. Stay safe out there ! 

Here's to a Happy New Year - after a rough start ;) 





4 comments:

  1. So glad your house didn't flood Heather! I can't imagine having to pack up my craft room. Hope that the year gets better as you go on!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are able to move everything back! If I had to do that it would take me forever to put things back. I get sidetracked just cleaning off my table...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your craft room looked very organized until you had to move it all. My heart goes out to you during this stressful time. Lets hope 2016 gets better!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)