Saturday, January 16, 2016

Wallpaper Card



I made this card today for the House of Cards photo inspirations challenge: 
use the colors and / or texture on your card.
You have until January 31st to share your card with us.







I was unable to get my design team card done in time
for the original posting of the challenge since all of my 
craft supplies were packed up in a box truck,
safe out of harms way due to potential flooding of my house.
I am finally getting nearly everything back in its proper place.






How I made my card:



In packing up then unpacking all of my crafty stuff recently,
I came across an old wallpaper sample book.
I knew I had it, just have never used it.
Since my craft dungeon was still in disarray,
all of my card making things not all easily accessible,
 I decided to make a card with some wallpaper !

I trimmed along the scalloped edge of the border piece
(the printing was off, there was a white border).
I also cut off the opposite edge that sort of looks like ribbon
and reattached it on top of the printed "cord" design.
This made the border piece narrower to fit a card front.







I added some dark brown textured card stock, 
carefully torn to follow the scallops.







Inside the card along the exposed edge I glued in coordinating
marbled wallpaper and another piece of the trimmed off  "ribbon" edge.






The wallpaper has lots of pretty texture and shimmer.

This is a nice, flat mail friendly card. 


Be sure to visit the rest of the design team
(those with the * by their name are new members!):



Cohenna | Donna | Dotty Jo Em | Emily | Heather
Jane | Judy | Karen | Katarzyna Ewa * | Katy | Leslie* | Linda
Merethe | Merlina* | Michele | Paula* | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley* | Steph | Sue N. | Sue T. | Susan* | Tina* | Toni



4 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful; I love how resourceful you were using what you could find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the colors you've used.
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Heather! I love it looks like vines against an old plaster wall! Great texture and color and really pretty!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and Soft card. I love the papers... Thanks for sharing with us! Happy to see you. Paula.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)