Monday, February 1, 2016

Football Jersey Birthday Card

Time for a new challenge at House of Cards;
SHAPED CARDS ! No rectangles, no squares ;) 
This is going to be so much fun to see what all of you
create and share with us ! 



Yeah, yeah:
mine is basically a rectangle,
but I have created many other really fun
and unique shaped cards in the past.
You can see some of them here.



I've been waiting impatiently to share this project
since making it late last fall for a nephews birthday.
It is a football jersey shaped card!

It is not a  4.25 x 5.5" card like many of us create.
I had to make it larger to look right to me and be able to 
add the details that I did. 
I made it to fit a large envelope I had on hand. 
Unfortunately I did not think to trace it and scan the outline
for a pattern to share here before I gave it away.
It is cut from one piece of card stock
with an additional white piece inside to write on.



Marker, sponging of ink,
card stock scraps cut to fit
and stamped, heat embossed white letters
were all used to give detail to the jersey.
The 13 was cut out using my old Cricut Create machine.




Outside




Inside









Be sure to visit all of the other amazing 
House of Cards Design Team members
to see what shapes they've made into cards !

Cohenna | Donna | Dotty Jo Em | Emily | Heather
Jane | Judy | Karen | Katarzyna Ewa * | Katy | Leslie* | Linda
Merethe | Merlina* | Michele | Paula* | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley* | Steph | Sue N. | Sue T. | Susan* | Tina* | Toni

12 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a fabulous take on the challenge and as American football fans that is one fabulous top! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun and just in time for SuperBowl Sunday. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card, Heather! It is so detailed and I can see all the terrific finishing touches too! I love the stitching on the front and the stripes on the sleeves. I am definitely going to make one for my favorite football fan too!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, this is AMAZING! I LOVE the fun shape you went with--so clever! The attention to detail is wonderful, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Heather, I'm sure your nephew loved his card! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your nephew loved this fabulous detailed card! It's such a fun shape and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is amazing! and so clever!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea with shirt card.

    Hugs,
    Merlina - HoC teamme

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is soooo NOT a rectangle- it is definitely a football jersey. Folks are gonna be really inspired by your card. Soccer, baseball- it is endless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, Heather! Great attention to detail too - bet your nephew was delighted! Jo x HOC/Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this cool. Perfect for a male/boy card.

    (✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)