Sunday, March 6, 2016

Music Notes Birthday Card





A fairly clean and simple card I made for my nephews birthday. He is turning 15 and plays an instrument in his high school band, so this is what I came up with this year. Next year I get to make a birthday card that is new driver / automobile related since he'll be 16  ;)

I used a sheet music embossing folder on a slightly smaller piece of white card stock than the card base to create a textured background.

I found a sheet music image of the "Happy Birthday" song online, cropped and printed it out then mounted it onto black card stock.

The black music note was something from a really old set of black pre-cut images that were in a kids craft set. Remember when doodling on black paper with neon colored gel pens was "cool" ?  I added white gel pen and water colored black highlights then attached it to the card front with a pop dot.


I'm entering this card in the Creative Playground Challenge #2 - Birthday
and the Cardz4Guyz challenge, create your own background.

Thanks for looking =)


8 comments:

  1. I love your card, great use of the embossing folder and I really like your idea of printing the birthday music

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Thanks for playing in our new Creative Playground Challenge #2: BIRTHDAY THEME at Imagine That! DbK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - beautifully coordinated.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super interesting embossed card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the note die cut and embossing on your beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the "Birthday Bash" Challenge at Imagine That, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool and perfect for a 15 yr old boy :) My dd plays sax and clarinet in HS band - she's driving a bit too with permit, but inching closer to her license. Maybe I need to work on some car digis soon! :) Thanks for playing in our Creative Playground Challenge!! xKris (owner)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - ooooh okay, I just got your blog title, how CLEVER of you! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at the Imagine That Creative Playground Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)