Saturday, April 2, 2016

Antique Pickup Truck Card









I used colored pencils on this image of an Antique
pickup truck with a bed full of Apples for sale.
I normally use ink from my ink pads to watercolor. 
This image was printed from my computer,
the ink ran when it was wet so I decided to use pencils.
The image (Countryside) was sold by Stampin' Up! years ago
when they offered My Digital Studio .

The edges of the stamped panel are lightly stamped with a linen 
background stamp and rubbed with distress inks.
Slight distressing of the dampened card stock edge to finish. 

I made my own background paper with Acrylic paints
dry brushed onto Close To Cocoa card stock.

The button is also homemade: I freehand made the shape
(you can tell, it's a bit lopsided!) from a clay product,
stamped it to give the texture, baked then painted it with
acrylic paints. The base coat is copper then I brushed on and wiped
off black to try to help show off the texture. 

The happy birthday stamp image was from Stampin' Up!,
Think Happy Thoughts.

A couple of paper punched circles mat the button.
It kind of reminds me of a wheel and white wall tire !

It's been a while since I've played along at
Cardz4Guyz and seeing the new "something beginning with A" challenge 
(Antique pickup truck, Apples, Acrylic craft paints for antiquing)
and "Transport" (truck, baskets carrying apples) at Cute Card Thrusday
I knew I had to play along. I love making automotive
themed cards and this image worked well for both challenges ! 

I'm also playing along with the "going round in circles" 
(handmade round button, circle punches) challenge at
Make My Monday Challenge. 

Take a moment to visit each of the above challenges
for lots of great design team projects. 

Thanks for looking =) 






7 comments:

  1. Love this card especially the button tire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the vintage feel and the distressed edges.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card for a guy. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful colouring and great man card! Thank you for joining in with us this week on Cute Card Thursday. Lynn - CCT Design Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What masculine wonderfulness. Masculine cards can be very difficult but for you it seems to come easily. Great job on using the circle for your sentiment.. Awesome job and fantastic artistry. Thank you so much for joining us at MMM.
    Cyber Hugs,
    Shawna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous card and thanks so much for joining in with my circles challenge at Make My Monday.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)