Friday, April 1, 2016

Color Challenge - House of Cards







Above is the card I created for the newest challenge at 
It's an inspiration photo challenge this month.
I used colors similar to the photo as well as script.




Stamps, inks, card stock, paper punch and seam binding ribbon 
were all from Stampin' Up!, most no longer available. 
"hello" die cuts (cream die cut stacked and off set over kraft die cut) 
are an old die from Cuttlebug. I don't recall the set name.
Signo white gel pen, paper piercer and a pair 
of scissors to distress the edges of the top portion.
Oh, and a piece of sponge to ink the edges of the hexagons!
I thought about running the bottom section through an embossing folder
to give it more of a quilt look, but was afraid to try it and have 
all the little stamping/inking details lost. It took quite a while
to make this piece, I didn't want to make another ;) 

Thanks for looking !

Be sure to check out all of the other inspiring
projects created by the design team:

CohennaDonna | Dotty Jo | Em | Emily | Heather
Jane | Judy | Karen | Katarzyna Ewa  | Katy | Leslie | Linda
Merethe | Merlina | Michele | Paula | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley | Steph | Sue N. | Sue T. Susan | Tina | Toni


You have all month to play along with our photo inspiration challenge



I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

15 comments:

  1. So cute Heather. Looks my moms quilting work. Lovely colors and Imagen the job to inking up all egdes and putting them together.

    (✿*‿*) Ma
    HOC DT team
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, bright and cheery, I always wished I had gotten that punch. Like the distressed edges too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty and unique - love the hexagons in the color scheme. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEAUTIFUL, Heather! I adore the different patterns you used--and the distressing & faux stitching wer the perfect touches! Gorgeous creation, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really creative idea, heather! I love those geometric honeycomb shapes and the way you've added in the color! Gorgeous!
    Take care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! I love the hexagons! Great job using the color palette! :) Hugs! Katy HOC Teammate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun card! I love all of the patterns and you put it together perfectly! Adore! jane hoc dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons challenge.Mary DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You put some time into this card girlfriend and you can tell. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the beautiful details; I can also tell that you put great effort into the creation of this card.

    sue n.
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, Heather! I love the patchwork look.
    Hugs
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors! So fun that you add a couple of quilt blocks with script on them!! Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card! The design is cute, I bet it took awhile. Wonderful job :o)
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)