Friday, April 29, 2016

Masculine 21st Birthday Card - VW Inspired


The card I made for my sons 21st birthday !
I wasn't quite sure what  I wanted to make.
 when I started this project.
It ended up evolving to somewhat resemble 
the brand new Volkswagen Golf GTI he bought himself !


 car images from the official Volkswagen site











It is an easel card.




I don't have exact measurements.
The finished card is approximately 5 x 7.
It started with a 21 I hand drew and hand cut,
then I just kept adding to it.

The sentiment is computer generated.
It is mounted on a couple layers of card stock
and a strip of chipboard. 
The sentiment strip needs a little bit of dimension
to catch the bottom edge of the card front
so it will stand up.







 I used acrylic craft paints brushed onto rubber stamps
to make the plaid background.
I cut the center out since there was no need
to paint the entire piece since most of it 
was going to be covered up. 
This was made to resemble the plaid inserts on the seats.







Snap Stamps were used to create the Happy Birthday
banner. It was stamped with Versamark ink and heat
embossed black. 





Real stitching on textured black card stock
resembles the stitched leather seats.
The hand drawn/hand cut 21 was run through
a birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder. 



He got a kick out of it when he realized what it was
meant to resemble.

Thanks for looking =) 



I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Great masculine card for your son's big birthday. I love the plaid stamped background you created.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great make for a man!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! He's going to LOVE it! Smart idea to mimic his new car! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous 'masculine' card!! Thank you for joining The Sisterhood for our 'Birthday' challenge!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, and what a great idea to model it on your sons car! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Stampotique and have a great week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic and perfect for this weeks challenge. Thank you for playing with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow !! Great Idea !! Lovethatboy you did a step by step for us how you did!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)