Sunday, April 10, 2016

Money Bouquet









Bouquet of roses made from real paper money !

A cousin of mine was diagnosed with brain cancer,
so monetary donations were accepted to help her family out.
 daughter's bridal shower a few years ago,
an Aunt asked I make one for this particular cousin.

I wrapped a mason jar with a scrap of purple 
shimmery fabric from my years old stash.

A rubber band was used to hold the fabric in place
around the neck of the jar.
I then tied yellow grosgrain ribbon around it.
Not only did this dress up the vase, it hid the rubber band.

The tag was made with inks and stamps from Stampin' Up!

Yellow tissue paper was used as filler between the roses.

Roses made from dollar bills tutorial HERE.


I'm entering my rose bouquet made from real money
in the following challenges. Take a moment to look at
all of the fabulous design team projects and entries!




Thanks for looking ! 

 *  EDITED TO ADD BASIC STEP BY STEP PHOTOS  *

Easiest way to make the stems:
pull apart a cheap set of flowers.




You'll need crisp bills, floral wire and floral tape.
Wrapped wire isn't necessary, it's just what 
I hand on hand and used for this bouquet.




Choose a container and insert foam
in the base to hold the flowers, filler items.
I hot glued mine in place.




Making the petals.




Four or five petals per rose plus a center piece.




Stack the petals, alternating placement
and wrapping with wire between each addition.



Use a sharp tool to poke a hole in the plastic calyx
if there isn't enough room to run the wires between
the stem and the hole in the base of the calyx.
Wrap the ends of the wire onto the stem with
the floral tape.




I chose to use tissue paper as filler
on this particular bouquet.
I used old picks from my stash.

2 comments:

  1. ingenious! love it. and what a worthy cause. fabulous. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    DT Janis
    PDE Linky Party, Always Anything Goes Linky Party
    Sunny Day Crafting, Photo Inspiration Chs
    Paper Play Sketches, Sketch Chs

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)