Sunday, May 1, 2016

Clear Papers Challenge




The first of the month means it is time
for another challenge at House of Cards.
This month we'd like to see your card creations
that feature clear papers such as acetate or vellum.
It's difficult to tell in the above photos, but my card uses acetate.
I'm not sure what the technique is called, 
but I "painted" on the back of my stamped acetate
piece with Pearl Ex powders.

I also ran a piece of acetate through an embossing folder.
It is attached behind the "painted" panel.










SUPPLIES:
clear acetate
stamp image
black Stazon ink
Pearl Ex powders
Xyron sticker maker machine
small paintbrushes (dry)




Stamp your image with Stazon ink
onto acetate.

Trim to your desired size and
run through a sticker maker machine.
I applied the adhesive to the back. 

Carefully pull the protective paper back 
to expose the adhesive.
I do this in sections to help protect the adhesive
while I am "painting".

Lightly dab the small, dry paintbrush into 
the Pearl Ex powders. You only need a little bit
on the paintbrush, it doesn't take much.
It is also easier to control where you want to color.
Adding too much can get it in places you don't want.
Spread the powder around on the adhesive,
it will easily stick in the places you want to add the color.




When it is completed, it will look shimmery.
I attach the painted side down 
on top of white card stock. 
I've never tried to use adhesives to attach
it to the card stock as I am afraid it would
come undone or cause discolored spots
on the painted areas where the glue is.
I use brads or eyelets to attach these
Pearl Ex "painted" acetate pieces.





Thanks for looking at my project =)

I'm entering it in the following challenges:


Be sure to check out all of the other inspiring
projects created by the design team:

Cohenna | Donna | Dotty Jo | Em | Emily | Heather
Jane | Judy | Karen | Katarzyna Ewa  | Katy | Leslie | Linda
Merethe | Merlina | Michele | Paula | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley | Steph | Sue N. | Sue T. Susan | Tina | Toni


You have all month to play along with our challenge



17 comments:

  1. Very creative use of your acetate! I remember learning that technique from Mary Jo McGraw from Judikens way back in the day. Just goes to show everything old becomes new again. I gotta get my Pearlex powders out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Heather! Great use of acetate!
    Judy HOC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning, fabulous technique! Donna HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used acetate in so many creative ways, Heather! This card is gorgeous and really innovative too!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial on how you did this beautiful creation - this was such a fun challenge this month. HOC team mate Shirley H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this technique - will have to give it a try!
    Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool technique! So glad you added the tutorial! Love the shimmery effect. Thanks for sharing with us over at TTCRD.
    Katrina
    ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! Love this effect! Thanks for linking up at PDE, Jackie CT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very neat! Great work! Thank you so much for joining us at the PDE linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great technic!! It looks so shiny and fragile - like stained glass. Fabulous card!!
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Impressive card and technique :o) Your card is beautiful.
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, WOW, Heather! I am in LOVE with the amazing texture you created here! SO pretty! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. heather, this is AMAZING! I have Pearl Ex gathering dust but I'm so going to give this a try. What a great use of them with stunning results. thanks for the inspiration!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card! I love how you made it! Thank you for showing also--I am definitely going to try it. And I pinned it! :) Hugs! Katy--HOC DT Teammate :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great techniques you have used here.
    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heather, this is stunning! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)