Thursday, May 12, 2016

Kitty's Memory Box - Fall side








The Fall side of Kitty's memory box / urn.
Click here to see the Summer side and
the Spring side. Winter will be shared soon.



I started with a paper mache craft box found at a thrift shop.

I wrapped gray satin ribbon around the top edge.

I used a Fiskars shape cutter and template 
to cut out the leaf shape from Early Espresso textured card stock.

I used my sewing machine to add real stitching along the edges of the card stock.
I then distressed the edges and layered it over green mulberry paper. 

I snippet of ribbon and twine are glued above 
a metal heart charm. I will add a tiny paw print
to the heart once I find the stamp set it is in.
I have yet to reorganize all of them after moving
them up to the new craft room from the craft dungeon basement.
I've no idea where particular sets are still !
I'm still getting used to everything being out of place
after having worked out of the basement for years,
knowing exactly where everything was down there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)