Saturday, May 7, 2016

Kitty's Memory Box - Spring

Kitty's Memory Box is finally done and I'm happy to share it with you today, National Scrapbook Day ! 

I confess, it's not totally complete because I still need to finish the very top. It took me a while to get around to making it, so many things going on since her passing. Plus my craft dungeon was on the move to higher "ground", crafty things had been in disarray.  I also just didn't feel up to working on it........   

I've made one of these Memory Boxes (they also serve as urns for those that we had cremated, like Kitty) for each of our pets. I make each side seasonal and turn them as the seasons change. They are on display in my living room.

Today I am sharing details on the Spring side. 








Supplies:

  • Mache' kraft box (found at a resale shop!)
  • Melon Mambo card stock and matching ribbon from Stampin' Up!
  • Pool Party button and card stock, Stampin' Up!
  • White twine, Stampin' Up!
  • Miss Kitty tag - unknown (I built this side around the tag I have had in my stash for quite some time)  
  • Crystal Effects - used on the heart printed on the tag
  • Paw prints texture plate by Fiskars
  • Scallop edge border punch
  • Stampin' dimensionals and adhesives
  • Clear sleeve for scrapbooking, trimmed down to cover my photograph
  • Metal tag
  • Going Gray card stock for name plate
  • Miniature alphabet stamp set for name
  • Black embossing powder for name
  • Gray satin ribbon






Thanks for looking :)  I'll be sharing the Summer, Fall and Winter sides over the next week. 



I'm entering my project in the following challenges. Visit each of them for fabulous design team inspirations as well as many, many wonderful creations by other challenge entrants. 


Through The Craft Room Door Anything Goes

Crafting By Designs May Anything Goes 

PDE Linky Party CH #122  Anything Goes 

2 Creative Chicks Challenge #10 Anything Goes 

6 comments:

  1. Sweet. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet! (I'm a big kitty cat person myself!) :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at 2 Creative Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again! Popping in to say Thanks for sharing it over at the PDE Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to honor Miss Kitty; the paw prints embossing is so perfect. Her picture is adorable. My condolences on losing your furry friend. Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD.
    Katrina
    ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tribute to your Kitty. Thanks for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

    Deanna
    2 Creative Chicks DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)