Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day Cards


Three cards I finished up this morning for Mother's Day.




outside


inside - created with an element from the Love You Mom digi kit by JMC Designs 
that I recolored in Photoshop Elements




The first, very colorful one was given to my Mother. Not the typical card, aside from having flowers on it, that I gave to my Mom. It's much bolder colors than I normally use, which was a fun change. Why did I go so bright on this card ? It was originally designed for an upcoming design team project. After having completed it, I found out that I had to go a different route with my project so I added the Happy Mother's Day tag and gave it to my Mom.

This colorful card creation fits the newest photo inspiration challenge at Sunny Day Crafting perfectly, Challenge #6 Make A Colorful Project OR A Project With Fruit. 












The second card is one I've had in my premade cards stash for quite some time. The colors faded shortly after stamping it,  so I never gave it away. It was a precut card gifted to me, the card stock seemed more porous on the inside and semi glossy on the front panel, neither side held the ink well. I added more color, a touch of glitter glue on the flower petals, vellum strip for the sentiment and a piece or peach organdy ribbon knotted before giving it to my sisters mother-in-law.

I'm entering the above card in the Week #275 Pastel Colors Challenge at Less Is More. 







The last card was from a premade kit that Stampin' Up! sold. I trimmed the front die cut panel off and adhered it to a regular card, adding yellow paper behind it. The cards in the kit had both the front and back panels die cut, along with the envelope flap. Although a unique shape, the card can't be stood up easily for display if the recipient wants to. I gave this card to my sister.



Thanks for looking :)   I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

7 comments:

  1. Some really pretty cards here and I'm sure the recipients loved them. Your LIM entry is great - the soft, faded look suits this week's theme perfectly and was a lucky stash save! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful cards! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting.
    Owner / DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty gently coloured card for the LIM pastel challenge!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all of your card designs Heather !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely collection of cards, I love the pre-cut card and the delicate blue and yellow.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)