Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Silk Florals Birthday Card



Another card I made using old silk florals from my stash.
See yesterdays post for another card and matching topiary
with hand painted ombre pot made with the same flowers.

Although it looks quite bulky, it actually isn't.
The flower elements squished flat
into the envelope and fit well since I removed
all of the thick plastic pieces from the backs of them.
I included a top piece of scrap card stock
inside the envelope so there wasn't really any bulky parts
poking through that required extra postage on it. 
When I take my cards to the post office to mail them,
the postal clerk seems to always require me to buy 
an extra stamp for my cards since they have 
a little bump that requires hand cancellation. 





SUPPLIES:
white and two shades of pink card stock
vellum to stamp sentiment on
rubber stamp
black ink
Texturz plate - polka dot background
PearlEx paint - used on polka dots and flowers
scallop edge border punch
1/8" handheld circle punch - holes on punched border
scoring board -created raised line on punched border
silk florals and greenery
tiny yellow rhinestones -to replace bulky flower centers
low temp glue gun - to adhere flowers and leaves


2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and love the texture on the flowers. Feminine and cute and fits our girly challenge perfectly at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - the flowers are perfect. I have some that look almost the same, but without the texture. Thanks for joining the Eureka Stamps weekly challenge - feminine/Mother's Day.
    Dorothy S, Eureka DT member

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)