Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Blog Hop and Challenge




Welcome to the House of Cards Challenge Blog Hop ! 
You should have arrived here from Emily's blog.

The hop runs through Noon CST  June 15, 2016 .
Leave a comment at each of the design team members blogs
for a chance to win one of the many hidden prizes
donated by our generous sponsors!
Full details are on the House of Cards blog.

Create a card inspired from the photo above and share it
with us at House of Cards for another chance to win.






My hop projects feature images from the 
Eat Your Cake digital stamp set
and Party Hardy paper pack available from



The first is a paper crafted card,
complete with a spinning image panel.
Give the panel a few twists before inserting it
into an envelope for a fun surprise for the recipient.



glittery highlights from Office Depot brand sparkle markers





reverse side of spinning panel


 I wasn't even thinking when I made this card
to use the inspiration photo colors ! Gah ! 
Just imagine it made with bright colors instead ;) 


I'm entering this spinning birthday card in the current challenge at








Because I used digital stamps and papers, I decided to make a totally digital project, too.
It's a simple digital scrapbook page created with My Memories Suite 7.
I colored the cake image in using Photoshop Elements first
(my first time to color digitally !)
and added black layers to the paper layers. 


No inspiration photo colors or theme, either, 
since I was limited to what was in the digi kits ;)






Lastly, I wanted to share the first project I made for the challenge.
I like to work ahead of time, so it was completed a month in advance.
It fit the challenge perfectly - 
colors, tropical florals, white lattice die to resemble the chair backs - 
except that I found out near hop time that I was required
to use an image from a sponsor - oops ! 
So, I added the Happy Mother's Day tag and gave it to my Mom :)



Thanks for looking at my projects =)

If you are following the hop order, 
your next stop is  Jane's blog. 


Here are links to all of the designers blogs:
Cohenna | Donna | Dotty Jo | Em | Emily | Heather
Jane | Judy | Karen | Katarzyna Ewa  | Katy | Leslie | Linda
Merethe | Merlina | Michele | Paula | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley | Steph | Sue N. | Sue T. Susan | Tina | Toni






23 comments:

  1. I think your birthday card looks great in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I had to read it twice-First I love all of your cards! And I totally understand. I love that you did a scrapbook page too-very awesome! I love the cake and I love the colors on your mom card. :) -Hugs Katy HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bunch of cards for this hop.
    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three of your cards are super! Sometimes it is fun to see what you can make with limited supplies. Your last card is such a nice mother's day card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, this is AMAZING!!! I LOVE the fun coloring you did--this combo is so fabulous! The sparkly details are perfect, too! Thank you SO MUCH for all you've done this past term at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    PS: Please link this up with our MHKDesigns challenge, if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and scrapbook page - they work well for our hop - remember the photo was just an innspiration - and I think you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your cards are wonderful! It happens :o) I love the last one, with all it's bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! I've never tried making a spinner card but perhaps I should try after seeing yours! I'm so sad to be saying goodbye to all my HOC buddies, it's been a pleasure and a privilege creating with you guys. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Heather. It's an honor to work with you at HOC.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! I love how fun and unique each card looks! Awesome!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible cards. Each one is so different and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO pretty, Heather. Thank you so much for playing along with MHKD and we hope to see more lovely projects from you.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that die cut in Mom's card. I'm sure
    she didn't mind that it was made for something
    else. the spinning image is a fun design to use
    Have to remember to give it a few spins before I
    put it in the card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three wonderful projects! Each one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job. Beautiful your three cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the spinning cake, could get messy though! Thank you for sharing it with us at MHK Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these cards!
    The cards are impeccable design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving all of your creations, I really like the floral one most, I bet your Mum loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards! Love that fun cake spinner card and the pretty flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great projects...always love a spinner card!
    Fabulous makes for the House of Cards!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha! I got a kick out of your last one. I think I've made that same mistake before...getting so wrapped up in making something that I completely forgot that I was supposed to follow the rules! It's a great card anyway, nice that we still got to see it! Love the spinner, I've never tried one. Thanks so much for all your creativity and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All very cool and fun projects - the colors are awesome and I just love the variety of what you shared with us - so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!!! I love this card you did for MHKDesigns!! Your manipulation of the digi image is genius!! All you happy birthdays around the pic, genius. Making a spinner card, genius! Putting a surprised smile on the recipients face, priceless.. I love your two cards. Just brought a smile to my face! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at MHKDesigns and HOC!! See ya later teamie!!
    All the best,
    Shawna DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)