Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Digi Kit Sneak Peek - FB Timeline Cover



I created this facebook timeline cover as a sneak peek at an upcoming digital scrapbooking kit from JMC Designs and to enter into an all digital challenge at Digitally Sweet Challenges blog. This month the challenge is to create an all digital project that is green, white and one other color (I used navy).


This is the first time I've made a facebook timeline cover that has an opening that a photo can be added to. I'm happy to say that with a little bit of experimentation, I was able to figure out a way to do it. I really need to learn how to use Photoshop Elements........

I created the original piece in My Memories Suite 7 software, the program I use for creating digital scrap book projects most often. When I realized there was no way to make the frame opening  in MMS 7 (although there is a transparent background for creating on in MMS 7 now) , I deleted the flower in the right hand corner of my original and exported the rest of the piece as a JPG.

I opened the JPG up in Photoshop Elements. I used the magic wand tool to select the inside of the frame then I clicked Select and Inverse. I cut the entire background, minus the inside of the frame, then pasted it into a new file with a transparent background. I forgot to mention that it is sized 851 pixels by 315 pixels. Once the cut portion was applied to the new transparent background, I inserted the flower embellishment from the digital kit as a new layer on top, adding a drop shadow. I also added a shadow to the larger piece. There was an error message that popped up, I don't remember what it said, but was happy to see that the shadow did work on the frame as I had hoped. Once all of these steps were done, I saved and exported the file as a PNG . I was excited to see that it worked as I hoped it would when I opened it up in PSE again and inserted a photo under that timeline cover png file !

Thanks for looking :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW! what wonderful work, love the idea of the timeline. Love the navy addition to the green and white. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet! Good to see you again. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wov\nderful design, love your colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet for our "Green, White and one other Colour" Challenge

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)