Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Digital Card for a Boy


Printable all digital card front





 matching printable all digital inside of card








I'm excited to share today's project, 
a 100% printable card I created !

Why I am I excited about sharing it ?
I won the image by participating in a recent challenge!
I then challenged myself to color it in digitally.
A challenge it was since the image was 
just a flat jpg image, ready to print.
I wanted to color it in digitally so I could
enter the card in the newest challenge at
This may not fit the true "travel"theme
the challenge coordinators were thinking, though.




This is the jpg image I won from
AJ's Race Car.


(I altered it slightly, not intentionally,
just happened with my trying to color it digitally)


Although I am getting decent enough at making digital 
projects with digital kits and My Memories software,
I want to learn how to use Photoshop Elements.

Using Photoshop Elements 14,
I managed to muddle my way through making a copy of the
jpg into a transparent png to use for my colored image.
Yes. that was time consuming and it is not an exact 
copy of the image, but it worked well enough. 

I used the jpg image as bought as my background layer.
I then colored it in on a couple of other layers 
(this is all new to me, trial and error!!!).
I was pretty proud of myself for figuring out
how to lightly blush his cheeks, too.

Once I was happy enough with the coloring,
I put the transparent png image on top to
get the details back in to the image. 

It was then saved as a jpg and imported into the
My Memories Suite software along with elements
to create the card. 
Aharoni font was used for the sentiments,
italicized on the front.

They were then saved as a jpg to share here.


I do have a lot to learn about digital coloring,
but overall am pretty proud of how this turned out :)





In addition to entering this 100% digital card in the 
I'm entering it into the following challenges:


Thanks for looking !



EDITED TO ADD:













3 comments:

  1. Great work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet and making a 100% digital card. It fits the travel theme, we travel by car.
    Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Happy crafting,
    AngelaTTCRD DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Well done on your colouring in PS. This certainly is good with our Travel theme, he's going to travel - FAST" isn't he LOL. A GREAT card and insert. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet! Faith DT

    PS I have a PS tutorial on colouring on my blog if you think it may help. http://daffodil-faitha.blogspot.co.uk/p/tutorials.html

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)