Thursday, July 7, 2016

Triangle Santa Christmas Card In July



Seeing all of the holiday movies being played on 
a certain TV channel got me to thinking that I ought to 
check out a couple Christmas card challenge blogs
that I participated in last year. 
Although I don't send out very many,
it's a perfect time to start working on Christmas cards :) 


52 Christmas Card Throwdown, I knew what I wanted to make.
I finally got around to making it. 








 I lightly blushed the cheeks with chalks / pastels.

Eyes were made with a marker.

Hat pom pom is a 1/4"circle punch. A tiny pom pom or jingle bell would be fun to use!

Die cut circle has real stitching and the edges are distressed.

Embossing folders from Cuttlebug:
Divine Swirls
Herringbone
Christmas Countdown (I think that's the name)

The edges of the kraft card base are lightly sponged with brown ink.









Pattern I drew on scrap paper to start.
I cut it apart and traced onto card stock scraps.
The pieces were hand cut with scissors then pieced together
onto a larger scrap of card stock. I trimmed around it
 then adhered it to my card front with dimensionals / pop dots. 








I was inspired by this image I saved long ago.
At the time I thought I'd use the idea to make ornaments
out of fabric scraps to give as gifts.
I never got around to it.......




Thanks for looking =)


I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

Christmas Cards All Year Round - July Anything Goes

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - vintage or anything goes

Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes




EDITED JULY 15, 2016:
My card was chosen as an honorable mention !


7 comments:

  1. A great card - I love the triangle Santa! Thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very creative card! I love that you drew the santa pattern and everything. Thank you for joining us this week at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une création très originale Heather, l'effet patchwork est très réussi, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative and sweet! Love that you showed us your inspiration and sketched out the idea, too. WTG! Thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round. Love seeing your work! ~ Ali (CCAYR DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - a fab, fun creation.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)