Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Cozy Christmas Card





What a cozy color combo challenge at 
kraft, black and red; no other colors. 

I used Kraft, Cherry Cobbler and Black card stocks.
Black ink for the stamp. 
I debated on whether or not
I should sponge ink along the edges of the kraft card base. 
I decided to go for it ;) 

The black strip was run through a Swiss Dots embossing folder.

 I tore the bottom edge off of the Cherry Cobbler strip. 
It was then run through a Square Lattice embossing folder.
I originally was not going to emboss that piece,
 then decided to after the edge was torn off.

I punched a heart from Cherry Cobbler and stamped just the word "heart"
on it, attaching it to the card front with a dimensional.

The plaid ribbon started as black and white.
I ran it across a light brown ink pad
 to make the white more of a kraft color. 



Thanks for looking :) 


EDITED 8/26/2016

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Heather, and I love your sentiment - perfect for a Christmas -aholic like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous Christmas design Heather. Love the feel of vintage.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous. Lots of texture and I do like the gingham ribbon too. Thanks so much for playing along with our colour challenge at 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)