Thursday, August 4, 2016

Snowman Card Sketch Challenge





The new challenge (52CCT30-16) at 
to use a sketch from the past year.

As soon as I saw the sketch below, 
I knew I had to flip it to make a snowman ;)
I'm really happy with the way it turned out.



April 2016 sketch






DETAILS: 



1/4" paper punch circles that I crumpled up for coal eyes.

Oval paper punch punched a second time at an angle 
to make the nose. I sponged darker orange along the bottom
and drew on a few faint lines. I added a dimensional
to the back of the nose at the top and glued the base of the nose flat 
to the face to give it some dimension. 
The head is also attached with dimensionals.








1/4" circle punched black card stock
that I pierced holes in to resemble buttons.










Striped grosgrain ribbon that I frayed the ends on
to create the scarf. 





The white die cut circles were run through a Fiskars plate two times, turning it at a different angle at each pass, to create the texture.

I stamped snowflakes with white craft ink onto Soft Sky card stock. The edges of the Soft Sky card stock were also sponged with the white ink, but it doesn't show up well. 

I hand cut the banner for the sentiment and attached it with a red paper clip for something different.




I'm also entering my card in the challenges at
Through The Craft Room Door  August 2-8, 2016 Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs  August Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra August Anything Goes
Love To Scrap  Take Two : two large circles to create the snowman 
(I could really stretch the take two idea by saying I used two pieces of ribbon to create the scarf, two crumpled pieces of card stock for the eyes, two holes punched in each button, two colors of ink, two different rubber stamp sets used, two non paper items..... ha ! )


Thanks for looking =) 


EDITED TO ADD 8/12/2016:
My card was one of two top winners at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown !

4 comments:

  1. Very clever take on the sketch! I love your cute snowman and his very smart bow tie! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and creative card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fabulous project! :) you have done such a lovely job and really put a lot of work into it.

    please forgive my tardy comment. I was ill all last month and am just now getting around to the blogs to leave comments from our previous challenge. I didn't want you to think no one noticed your wonderful entry.

    thank you so much for joining our challenge over at The Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)