Monday, August 1, 2016

Stitched Kindness Card






The August challenge at 
is an inspiration photo:
use the colors and/or twine on 
your card creation.
You have all month to play along !

My card above uses similar colors 
and embroidery floss .











HOW TO:


I used three shades of pink that are similar
to some in the colors in the inspiration photo. 

I made my own stencil out of scrap paper. 
It was placed on a piece of card stock already
cut and folded to an A2 size ( 5.5" wide x 4.25" tall).

Once I was finished sponging on the inks, 
I trimmed along the left edge of the heart.

I colored the rubber stamp with a dark purple marker (text)
and a light gray marker (script portion).
Gave it a little huff of warm breath to make sure the water based inks
were still wet enough then stamped it on my card front.

I threaded an embroidery needle with purple embroidery floss
then stitched over the script portion of the sentiment.
I did not pre-punch holes, the needle was sharp enough to 
poke through the card stock. 




I decided to round the lower right corner as a finishing touch
since the upper left had the rounded edge from the heart.



Thanks for looking !
Be sure to visit the rest of the 
House Of Cards Challenge design team members
 blogs for many more great ideas.



Cohenna | Donna | Em | Heather | Jane | Judy 
Karen | Katarina | Katy | Leslie | Linda | Merethe
Michele | Mynn | Paula | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley | Steph | Sue N. | Susan | Tina | Toni



I'm entering my card in the 

9 comments:

  1. I love that you made due with what you had on hand! You are so creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning use of twine, that must of taken a long time to create! Donna HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! This card is spectacular! I love your idea of stitching that sentiment! So unique and your tutorial is very clear and easy to follow! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your creation - and to hand embroider the word - great Shirley - HOC Teammie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Heather! I love that great dimension you added to the inked heart! Very pretty!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is genius, Heather! I adore the way you used the twine to stitch the sentiment--the texture is totally awesome! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Heather! Definitely a labor of love with the hand-stitching! And I love the dimension on the heart!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, HOC teammie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautifully unique! Love the stitching.
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather, I'm just catching up on your blog, and this one really blew me away! Your cards are all amazing, but this one - wow! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)