Thursday, September 1, 2016

Bluebird of Hope Card






Time for a new challenge at 
This month we ask you to use a bird
and / or the colors in the image below on your card.
Share your cards with us by the end of the month.

I used both the colors and a bird on my card.
NOTE: there is such a huge difference between
the display of colors on my desktop monitor and
 laptop monitor, that the colors on my card nay seem off.
I never know which color palette is the right one to use ;)

















My card has a top fold in the center. 
The base started as a 7" by 4.25"
piece of card stock.  Fold it in half
to create a 3 1/2"tall by 4 1/4"wide card.
Attach a stamped image panel along the fold,
adjust to fit in an invitation size (A2) envelope.

The image was stamped on watercolor paper
with Stazon black ink.

I water colored the image with a water pen
and ink from my classic ink pads.

I added a touch of diamond Stickles
to the flower tops for fun.
It reminds me of dew glimmering in the
early morning sun.

A border punch was used along one side of 
the blush pink card stock mat under the image.

The blue/gray card stock layer was run through an embossing folder.

I adhered a piece of twill ribbon between the image and card front.

A metal tag is attached with a pop dot/dimensional
on top of the twill. A small piece of jewelry making
twine is tied in a knot at the top of the metal tag.




I created and printed my own sentiment
onto Vanilla card stock, cut to fit then ran it through
an edge/border embossing folder twice.
It was mounted to the same blue gray
card stock as I used on the front.
NOTE: I changed the original card I designed for this challenge
to make it a birthday card to give to my Mom.
The metal tag on the front says "Wish"




Thanks for looking =) 



Be sure to visit the rest of the design team blogs for more inspiring projects !
Remember , our challenge is monthly so you have until
September 30th to share your creation with us.


Cohenna | Donna | Em | Heather | Jane | Judy 
Karen | Katarina | Katy | Leslie | Linda | Merethe
Michele | Mynn | Paula | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley | Steph | Sue N. | Susan | Tina | Toni

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Retro Rubber Challenge - Critters RRCB46- my stamp is from 1998!
Though The Craft Room Door Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs Anything Goes
Sunny Day Crafting Ch # 12 Anything Goes

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Like your special fold and beautiful coloring! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather: Your card is beautiful, I love this lovely garden scene, the colors you chose are very close to the color chart, at least from my own screen.
    Beautiful layout and details.
    Thank you for sharing your sweet card with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you come back to play next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweet card for your mom! Love the image and the way you added the top piece to your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love it when I use one of my oldies but goodies from the late 90's as well Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, this card is so sweet and pretty! I LOVE the image you used--and your coloring is fabulous! I just know your mom has to love it, too! Gorgeous, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the use of the metal tag, it's just that bit different! Sweet watercolouring of that so, so sweet bird. It's a lovely critter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sunny Day Crafting.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fantastic card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card, Heather! Love the coloring, texture and the panel above the card fold. Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1998! Wow! So delightful and elegant! Love your card so much and the color scheme is gorgeous! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Heather! What a beautiful card! I love the layout and all the texture And how lucky is your mom! She has a very crafty and creative daughter! Very elegant! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber! (and making such a beautiful card for HOC! - your HOC teamie!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Heather! I love the fun top fold idea - -really clever! Great colors and design!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)