Thursday, September 1, 2016

Stamped Clock










The anything goes project I am happy to share with you for this months challenge at
the Love To Craft Challenge Blog is a clock that I stamped the face on to
coordinate with the Waverly window valances in my kitchen!













It is a make your own clock kit (Traditions Studio).
I was lucky enough to find it at a yard sale several years ago.









I spray painted it black (it was white).
I also spray painted the second hand black (it was red).

I cut a piece of chipboard to fit behind the Very Vanilla
card stock that I stamped. I did this to make the card stock
sturdier. I wasn't sure if it might get warped over time.
There are gaps in the molded plastic clock back that
may affect the card stock.










All stamp images used were from Stampin' Up! 
and are long ago retired:
DD Cottage Rose
DD Wild Rose
Flannel Plaid background
Sanded background

Various classic inks from Stampin' Up! were used
to stamp the images onto Very Vanilla card stock.

I created masks for several of the images so I could
stamp over them, creating depth.









The numbers were cut from black card stock with a Cricut Create machine
and the Library Font cartridge.

Above is a photo that shows what I came up with to try
to get them glued into place evenly:
grid paper with rulers as straight edges!

As for the application of adhesive and what type:
I used toothpicks to carefully apply small amounts
of clear drying liquid glue.








I added tiny yellow rhinestones in the centers of the small flowers.


Assemble, put in batteries, set the correct time
and it's working great ! 








Thanks for looking :)  

Be sure to visit the rest of the design teams creations at



I'm entering my clock into the following challenges:
Crafting By Designs Anything Goes September Challenge
Through The Craft Room Door Anything Goes
Sunny Day Crafting Anything Goes Ch12






4 comments:

  1. Wow, Header, your project is amazing! Well done!
    I just love Stampin' Up roses.
    hugs
    Irena

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing craft project! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is awesome! Very inspiring! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Crafty hugs,
    Ema

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness, this is absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)