Saturday, October 1, 2016

Gatefold Cupcake Card





The October challenge at 
is now live ! 
This months challenge: 
make a gate fold card and/or 
use the colors in the photo below.










How I made my card:

I embossed the lighter card stock layer on the front
with an embossing folder and die cut machine.
I then brayered coordinating ink over the raised portions.

The lightest layer under the cupcake image
was stamped and heat embossed with a
glittery clear powder.

The cupcake image was stamped and heat embossed
onto silver metallic card stock.
I then stamped it again onto white card stock.
Both pieces were cut out with scissors.

The icing in the cupcake is some old
puffy paint I had in my stash.
I haven't used it in so long,
 it doesn't work like it once did :(

The sprinkles are colored with colored pencils
that I then added crystal clear dimensional liquid accents to.

The candle is water colored.

The top of the cupcake is mounted on pop dots/ dimensionals.

Because the card didn't want to stay closed well,
I tied a piece of silver metallic thread around it,
attaching a small stamped and punched tag.

The inside of the card is finished with a white piece
of card stock that I stamped to match.

Thanks for looking =)


Be sure to visit the rest of the design teams blogs
for inspiring ideas !

Cohenna | Donna | Em | Heather | Jane | Judy 
Karen | Katarina | Katy | Leslie | Linda | Merethe
Michele | Mynn | Paula | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley | Steph | Sue N. | Susan | Tina | Toni

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Great use of the colors and fold!! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this is FANTASTIC! I LOVE the amazing frosting and sprinkles on the cupcake--the texture and shine rock! Wonderful card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)