Thursday, October 20, 2016

Very Beary Christmas Card






I took a break from making Halloween cards
to create a Christmas card for the current challenge,
at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. 


I thought this Very Beary Christmas set 
(such an old one from Stampin' Up!)
was so cute when I bought it years ago -
initially to use the teddy bear on a rocking horse
image to create birth announcements with !
I still like it and since it hasn't seen much ink,
decided to use it for the challenge. 

The card stock colors are kraft, blushing bride,
 midnight muse and naturals ivory. 

The image was water colored using various inks
from my classic ink pads and a water brush.

I dotted on white craft paint with a toothpick
to create the polka dots. 

Rose red seam binding was fastened behind 
a metal backed pearl brad. 

Real stitching done with my sewing machine 
and distressing along the edges of the pink/kraft plaid piece.

The sentiment panel is attached with dimensionals/pop dots.

Thanks for looking =) 

4 comments:

  1. Great layout and lots of detail - really shows off your adorable teddy bear. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. c'est absolument adorable Heather, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this little bear is just so adorable in his stocking! Love the design too! It has a super vintage feel. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. So lovely :)
    Thanks for joining us at 52CCT :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)