Monday, November 21, 2016

Old Fashioned Christmas Card







I've not played with the 52 Christmas Card Challenge for a while and was in need of a few more Christmas cards, so I used the current theme for this card: Old Fashioned Christmas.

The name of the old stamp set from Stampin' Up! that I used happens to be the same as the challenge!

The image was stamped on water color paper and water colored with ink from my ink pads using an aqua painter / water brush pen. The edges of the paper were washed with two shades of light brown ink.

Decorative background paper from an old Die Cuts With A View stack.

Actual sewing around the edges of the decorative paper and distressed edges on the Espresso card stock mats.

Paper doily from my stash, bought at a discount store many years ago.

Paper punch button and bakers twine.

Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. I envy your sewing around the pages!!! I have yet to try that... have the machine just never did it-SHAME ON ME!
    LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I do like the image, the lovely texty paper and the stitched detail. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)