Wednesday, February 1, 2017

House of Cards February Challenge



February 1st,
time for a new challenge at


This months challenge:
love and/or colors
from the inspiration photo below.






I used similar pink colors,
trying to create an ombre effect
on the letter pressed hearts and polka dots
background. I accidentally over blended them 
so there isn't as much of a gradient as I wanted.

Circle dies and a punch with coordinating stamp
to create the swinging element in a window.

The stamp was inked with a medium pink then
the edges were rolled onto a darker pink.

I made two of the stamped elements then glued 
them back to back with fishing line
between them to suspend it. 
The ends of the string were glued between
the front panel and card base front.

Polka dot grosgrain ribbon finishes it off.  















Closeup to try to show the "letterpress" effect.






Closeup to try to show the two tone color stamped image
that I added a touch of Pearlex paint to.
This photo also shows the thin ring I cut from pink 
card stock to frame the opening. 





Thanks for looking =) 

Our challenge lasts all month,
plenty of time to create a card to share !

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heather. Nice work on this card. I really enjoy to be back and working in the team again. Take care.

    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is totally sweet, Heather! I adore the fun textures and patterns--and the swinging element is such a wonderful addition! Beautiful card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, heather! The little surprise window is amazing! Really clever and creative!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely design! Love it!
    Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)