Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Love To Craft Challenge February




The newest anything goes craft challenge at 
is now live for the month of February !

This month I'm sharing a few projects I 
created for a recent remodel of a room.




The centerpiece of the above wall display is a 12 x 12 
scrapbook page I made to showcase photos of Mustang cars.



back




front



finished scrapbook page

 I painted a piece of gray 12 x 12 card stock silver.
I measured and cut out three "windows".
Red, white and blue card stock was cut to fit beneath 
the cut outs then scored multiple times.
I taped the scored card stock under the cut outs.
 A lot of work to recreate the look of 
part of a Ford Mustang emblem for a scrap book page,
but it was worth it to me. 








Another wall features two shadowboxes.
Above them hangs a large collage photo frame
I custom made many years ago.
















Shadow box that I added home made spacers to so I could
mount dimensional dash plaques and hat pins.
The spacers were cut from foam core that I painted black. 
They are adhered inside the frame with double stick tape.
A scrap of mat board painted with the same paint as the wall
is the base for the plaques and pins. It rests on top of the 
edge of the spacers , the bottom edges are against the glass.







A deeper shadowbox that I was able to mount
some old hot wheels in along with the original
Hot Wheels Club membership "card" received
many years ago. I had the okay to cut apart the original
plastic inserts of the box that the 8 piece collector
car set came in. I was going to have some custom
pieces made from plexiglass for it to save the original box,
but he said he really didn't care, go ahead and cut it up. 






I made simple "checkered flag" window valances from a 
large buffalo check table cloth.



There are also numerous die cast cars on display that were collected by my father. 
We received them after his passing.
Quite a change from the old green painted walls with a country and ivy theme
room it was for the past 17 years, but perfect for us !

Thanks for looking =)

Be sure to visit the rest of the design team members blogs

3 comments:

  1. Great project Heather! Well done!
    hugs
    Irena

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW!! What a great room for any man and look at all the projects! Everything looks great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love the new look and what a great way to keep your dads memory alive. It also helps that you both love cars as much s he did

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)