Saturday, April 1, 2017

House of Cards April Challenge






The challenge at 
House of Cards this month
is to use feathers 
and/or the colors in the photo below.





I used both on my card.
All supplies used were from from Stampin' Up!, most are no longer available:
Soft As A Feather stamp set
Canvas background stamp
Birthday Greetings stamp set
Sahara Sand, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake card stocks
Chocolate Chip mulberry paper
Soft Suede and Basic Brown ink
paper piercer
Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon and corduroy button



I stamped a row of feathers then carefully trimmed around them.
The bottom edge of this piece of card stock was distressed.

The Suede card stock was stamped with the Canvas background.
 I then used the paper piercer along the top and bottom edges. 
It is trimmed a bit shorter in height than the Crumb card base.

A damp paint brush is a great tool to use to help tear mulberry paper:
just paint it where you want to tear the paper, it makes it so much easier ! 
After tearing the mulberry paper, I curled the edges a bit before layering
it behind the feather stamped Sahara Sand piece.

Stamped and hand cut banner that I inked the edges of is attached with
a corduroy button that matches the striped grosgrain ribbon.


I probably should have taken photographs against a white background
rather than burlap. The card was mailed the day after I made it, so
no chance to retake the photos - sorry.

Thanks for looking =) 

Be sure to visit the rest of the design team
members blogs for more inspiring ideas. 


Chanya13 | Christi | Cohenna | Donna | Em | Heather | Jane | Judy 
Karen | Katarina | Leslie | Maria | Merethe
Michele | Mynn | Nancy |  Paula | Rocky | Rosi 
Shawna | Shirley | Sue N. | Susan 


4 comments:

  1. Oh fun I see mulberry paper - and yes I have saved almost off of my mulberry paper. I think it is on a comeback. Love all of your distressing with the torn paper and the corduroy button is the perfect embellishment. Shirley TeamMate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather. I am a bit jealous of your stamp, it is great. Like your masculine card.

    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and look at all of the goodies on there! I really need to dig out my mulberry paper and play with it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, heather! It looks like it has so much amazing texture on it, and I love the whole look!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)