Monday, May 15, 2017

Love To Craft Challenge



The new Anything Crafty Goes challenge at
Love To Craft Challenge is now live !

This month I'm sharing a decorated
paper mache frame I made recently
as part of a gift set.


Click below to see the additional pieces:
Lovely recovered mini scrapbook 

Coordinating cards and a 100% digital scrapbook page 
with the same papers, that I digitized myself.















The papers, paper flower kit, stamps, punches
and corduroy brad were from Stampin' Up! (no longer available).

The paper flower kit consisted of precut flower pieces.
I lightly inked the edges then scrunched them up a bit.
I layered them, pierced a hole through the centers
then held them all together with the corduroy brad. 

The leaves were stamped then punched out with a 
coordinating paper punch.

The leafy branches were a made from a paper punch.

I looped a piece of twine and hot glued it into place.








The frame is something I've had in my stash for a while,
I don't remember where I bought it.

The easiest way I came up with to make the decorative paper
fit the front was to press a piece of lightweight scrap paper
inside the heart shaped opening. I ran my fingers along the
edges to give it more dimension. This created a pattern to cut
along with scissors. I cut it slightly larger than the creased heart shape
 I made so just a hint of the mache would show. 
It wasn't perfect, but the best I could do. 
Once I had my pattern made to my liking, I lined it up on a piece
of decorative paper cut to fit the front of the frame.
I traced then cut out the heart shaped opening with scissors. 



The word art was found via an online search.
Unfortunately I don't have the direct link to
give proper credit because it was linked to a page
with over 1500 images !
https://www.pinterest.com/LiveLaughnLove/true-friends/
There is a small Cloud Mom logo in the corner.



Thanks for looking =)

Be sure to visit the rest of the design team members blogs

3 comments:

  1. I love this one.... so pretty and sooo true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous projects, Heather! I love the name of your blogger ID - so cute! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)