Friday, May 5, 2017

Lovely Recovered Notepad










Time for the new craft challenge at making memories crafting.


This month is an anything goes challenge;

just be sure to keep it family friendly, please.






My project started as an autograph book I bought years ago

at a dollar store. I thought it might make a good
mini scrapbook, notebook, journal, etc., someday
when I took the time to recover it.






First, I peeled the front cover off of the chipboard.


This particular notebook had a sort of laminated paper cover,

it was made of a slippery material that I didn't think glue would
stick well to. I started off sanding it with the plan to gesso then cover,
but after I saw how thick it was I decided to pick at one of the corners
to see if it would peel off. I was happy that it did, and all in one piece ! 
What a time saver.


I chose an old pack of decorative papers from Stampin' Up!,

all colors and images were designed to coordinate. 
They were cut to fit and glued in place with Mod Podge glue.
















I had a large chipboard stencil letter that I did the same as the 

notebook to, peeling off a decorative covering then gluing on paper.
That one did not peel off as easily, taking more time than I planned !
Stickles diamond glitter glue, some sanding and a paper doily
 layered behind to finish off the "monogram".














The paper flower was made from a kit by Stampin' Up!

I also made die cut leaves (SU ! as well) 
and added a bit of twine.




Lots of ribbon scraps knotted to the spiral binding 

at the top of the book to finish it off. 




This notebook is part of a set of things I made as a gift. 
I'll share another part of it in several days as a project for 
the Love To Craft design team I am on.

See the coordinating card I made for  

for the House of Cards design team here:
https://craftysahmiam.blogspot.com/2017/05/house-of-cards-may-challenge.html
Also a 100% digital project with the same papers, 

that I digitized myself, for the new Digitally Made Challenge here:
https://craftysahmiam.blogspot.com/2017/05/digitally-made-may-challenge.html




Our challenge lasts all month, plenty of time to create and share with us!
If you do, you will have a chance to win a prize by our generous sponsor


Thanks for looking !

3 comments:

  1. Love this altered notebook Heather, so pretty.

    Crafty Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)