Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Simple Prima Flowers Thank You Card




I like how this simple, cheery thank you card for the lady who gave me the gems turned out. My sisters mother-in-law had to downsize when she moved and wanted me to have her craft supplies. I kept a few items, we donated the rest.

The flowers were gifted to me by a long time pen pal.

The rubber stamp image is an oldie in a set from Stampin' Up! called Vogues Verses, dated 2001 . The dots around the word remind me of the April showers that bring May flowers (or in our area, flooding!) .

The floral panel is separate from the base and attached with dimensionals. It was free hand doodled along the edges with a fine point black Sharpie marker.

I'd like to enter this simple floral card into the new challenge at Retro Rubber, Flowers RRCB62.

Thanks for looking =)

6 comments:

  1. Your freehand doodle is a great addition to the card - a perfect finishing touch. Love the bright colours you've used for your flower band and the way you overlapped and lifted them - they jump off the page. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty bunch of flowers and they are perfect for our flower challenge! Your sentiment is so unusual that I had to go find it in Splitcoast Stampers! I have never seen that one before so thank you for dusting it off and using it for our challenge. I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and colorful card, love the gem centers of your flowers and the sentiment, which I also can't recall, is awesome.
    Like Debbie, I had to go check it out at SCS, I don't know how in the world this one escaped me, sheeesh!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love that doodled border and the sentiment stamp is lovely. I love dimension on cards, your flowers are perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and cheery flower display will certainly bring a smile from the recipient! The extra doodling detail and rain drops add so much interest. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber... hope you will play along with us often!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)