Friday, June 30, 2017

Distressed Flower Card




Oops, I meant to post this June 21st, the first day of summer !


Putting an old scrap to use !

The floral image was stamped onto a piece of card stock I "distressed"
oh so long ago, but never finished. I wasn't happy with the way it looked.
I recently came across this old discard/scrap piece and decided I ought to fix
it up into a usable piece - or throw it away !

I partially stamped the French Script background on it and then water colored
the flower image. I had also trimmed the piece down, it was originally
stamped off center.

Because the trimming made the piece smaller than an entire card front,
I added some green mulberry paper behind a part of it.

I then tied on some thin yellow twine and two tags. I'll stamp a greeting
onto the white tag when I decide to put the card to use. It might
be for a birthday, a hello, even a thank you.

I may add a metal rimmed tag (I've many of those to use still!)
on the lower right corner, stamped with the bee image in that floral set.
Or perhaps add a couple of faux brads.......


Thanks for looking! Perhaps I've inspired you to put some of your scraps to use ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)