Friday, July 28, 2017

Welcome, Baby Banner Card





A sweet, easy to mail card I made for the baby of my cousins' daughter
(would that make the baby my 3rd cousin?).

I had two of these oval die cut opening cards leftover from
my Operation Write Home card making days and came across 
them recently. I decided to put one to use for the new baby. 

I had a few different ideas in my head and even as I was making one of them,
I changed my mind again and came up with the banners idea.

The "Welcome, sweet little" was created on my computer
then printed out (gray), trimmed and glued to the back of the oval opening.

The swirly is a stamp from the old Noteworthy stamp set by Stampin' Up!,
stamped in Basic Gray ink.

The paper punch heart shape and letterpress plate I pushed into that shape
were also from Stampin' Up! as is the banner die and linen thread.

The word baby was die cut with an alphabet die set by Little B
that I ordered from Joann.com several years back. 

The decorative papers are from an old Die Cuts With A View stack,
also ordered from Joann.com. 

The pink paper is a note card I cut apart from an old
 set of blanks with matching envelopes I bought from Target. 

I'm happy with the way the simplified version of what I started to make
turned out. Plus, it doesn't require extra postage as my original would have!

Thanks for looking =) 


I'm entering my card in the current 
Anything Goes Challenge at 
and

3 comments:

  1. This is a really cute idea! I may steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so effective. A beautiful card.
    Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)