Friday, September 1, 2017

Grandkids Canvas



Hello  there! 
Today I'm sharing my Design Team project 
a monthly Anything Goes craft challenge site.
It is a 12" x 12"canvas that I "repurposed"
and gave to my Mom.
I found it at a church fundraising sale
earlier this year that she and I were bargain hunting at.
It's a piece of  decorative "paper" glued to a canvas. 
It was faded and scratched in places.

I was going to replace the paper,
then decided to ink over it first to see if I could revive it.
I sponged on distress ink around the edges of the printed paper
then spritzed it with alcohol to create the "mottled" look.
It covered up the fading and scratches well enough,
creating a sort of grungy, time worn look. 
Not much of the paper showed
after adding the 8 x 10 photo and die cuts anyway.




I slightly curled the edges of a paper punch heart shape 
then added red glitter.
It is attached with a dimensional under the center
so the curved edges "wrap" around the dimensional,
giving it a puffy look.






"My" was printed out onto card stock then trimmed by hand.
"Gandkids" was cut  from silver metallic card stock with a Cricut Create.
The banner was also printed onto card stock then hand cut.






The original piece.




Thanks for looking =)

 Visit  Love To Craft 
to see more inspiring ideas -
and to share your crafts with us !

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a difference! This is such a great idea! I have a box of things to be upcycled and repurposed that I'm hoping I'll get to eventually!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)