Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Burlap Memo Board and Push Pins


Today I'm sharing a basic old wood frame I repurposed
into a burlap covered memo board.
I created this project for the 
August Anything Goes Challenge at

There are so many ways to make you own memo board-
or to customize store bought memo boards!

It was simple enough to make,
using thick cardboard (or foam core), lightweight batting,
burlap, hot glue and a point gun.

I simply cut my cardboard slightly smaller than the frame
opening to allow for the fabric to wrap around the edges.

Lightweight batting was cut slightly smaller than the top of the card board
(to make it easier to fit in the frame) then hot glued into place.






Burlap was cut larger than than the cardboard,
allowing enough to wrap around all of the
edges of the cardboard with room to spare to glue the edges in place.

I started with each corner, folding the burlap over
diagonally across the back of the card board 
and hot gluing into place.

I then worked along the sides, starting in the center,
hot gluing as I lightly stretched the fabric along the back.

The completed piece is attached with metal points into the frame.
NOTE: before you begin, make sure your frame is deep enough
 to accommodate the thickness of the board, batting and fabric layers.  









I then had fun creating an assortment of push pins with various
craft supplies found in my stash. The items are glued on top
of upholstery tacks using a dollop of E600 adhesive.



I die cut papers leftover from my USA Photo Collage Map project
into butterfly shapes and added a scrap of wire for antennae


Crocheted (tatted?) flower that I added a
metal edged flat back pearl brad to the center of



Large old button, shank removed
TIP: brush on then wipe off black paint
to help make details pop on gold buttons



Fabric yo yo and wood button



Handmade burlap flower



Upholstery tack


There are sooooo many fun things you can use to create push pins !



Thanks for looking =)

Be sure to visit 
to see more inspiring ideas -
and to share your crafts with us !

1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)