Saturday, March 18, 2017

Friendship Card






Here is a sweet little (4 1/4"square) card I made recently.

The pink frame is a scrap that was leftover when I 
die cut the shape for another project. 
It worked well as a frame for the sentiment on this card.
It is attached with dimensionals/pop dots.

The white background of the card was run through
 a letterpress plate then overstamped with another
letterpress plate that I inked to use as a stamp.
Both plates were bought from Stampin' Up! years ago. 

The sentiment, stamped in black Memento ink,
is so old, but will never go out of style ;)
 It is dated 1994 !
It is part of an old stamp named Sayings and Such,
also by Stampin' Up! 

Blushing Bride ink and card stock,

Rhinestones and a paper punched heart 
coated with crystal accents to finish it off. 

Because I used such an old stamp
and the letterpress plates on my card,
I am entering it into the following two challenges
that I recently came across :


I could easily participate in the retro challenge again as all of my stamps
are well over a year old . I wonder if there is a challenge for stamps
that are a decade or more older ? Ha ! 

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Your colors are wonderful and love how you stamped onto the embossed layer. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone would feel special receiving your awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card with awesome texture! The negative die cut makes a wonderful frame. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber. Hope to see you often in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried over stamping. Might have to do that sometime. Thanks for joining us at UYS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! And I love that you went old school and used your letterpress plates. I have some of those that I have never used! But they really make your "scrap" frame shine! Absolutely beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, love the stamp.

    Crafty Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)