The papers, paper flower kit, stamps, punches and corduroy brad were from Stampin' Up! (no longer available). The paper flower kit consisted of precut flower pieces. I lightly inked the edges then scrunched them up a bit. I layered them, pierced a hole through the centers then held them all together with the corduroy brad. The leaves were stamped then punched out with a coordinating paper punch. The leafy branches were a made from a paper punch. I looped a piece of twine and hot glued it into place.
The frame is something I've had in my stash for a while, I don't remember where I bought it. The easiest way I came up with to make the decorative paper fit the front was to press a piece of lightweight scrap paper inside the heart shaped opening. I ran my fingers along the edges to give it more dimension. This created a pattern to cut along with scissors. I cut it slightly larger than the creased heart shape I made so just a hint of the mache would show. It wasn't perfect, but the best I could do. Once I had my pattern made to my liking, I lined it up on a piece of decorative paper cut to fit the front of the frame. I traced then cut out the heart shaped opening with scissors.
The word art was found via an online search. Unfortunately I don't have the direct link to give proper credit because it was linked to a page with over 1500 images ! https://www.pinterest.com/LiveLaughnLove/true-friends/ There is a small Cloud Mom logo in the corner. Thanks for looking =)
Be sure to visit the rest of the design team members blogs
I like how this simple, cheery thank you card for the lady who gave me the gems turned out. My sisters mother-in-law had to downsize when she moved and wanted me to have her craft supplies. I kept a few items, we donated the rest.
The flowers were gifted to me by a long time pen pal.
The rubber stamp image is an oldie in a set from Stampin' Up! called Vogues Verses, dated 2001 . The dots around the word remind me of the April showers that bring May flowers (or in our area, flooding!) .
The floral panel is separate from the base and attached with dimensionals. It was free hand doodled along the edges with a fine point black Sharpie marker.
Time for the new craft challenge at http://makingmemoriescrafting.blogspot.com/ This month is an anything goes challenge; just be sure to keep it family friendly, please. My project started as an autograph book I bought years ago at a dollar store. I thought it might make a good mini scrapbook, notebook, journal, etc., someday when I took the time to recover it.
First, I peeled the front cover off of the chipboard. This particular notebook had a sort of laminated paper cover, it was made of a slippery material that I didn't think glue would stick well to. I started off sanding it with the plan to gesso then cover, but after I saw how thick it was I decided to pick at one of the corners to see if it would peel off. I was happy that it did, and all in one piece ! What a time saver. I chose an old pack of decorative papers from Stampin' Up!, all colors and images were designed to coordinate. They were cut to fit and glued in place with Mod Podge glue.
I had a large chipboard stencil letter that I did the same as the notebook to, peeling off a decorative covering then gluing on paper. That one did not peel off as easily, taking more time than I planned ! Stickles diamond glitter glue, some sanding and a paper doily layered behind to finish off the "monogram".
The paper flower was made from a kit by Stampin' Up! I also made die cut leaves (SU ! as well) and added a bit of twine. Lots of ribbon scraps knotted to the spiral binding at the top of the book to finish it off.