Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Mardi Gras Memory Frame




Today I'm sharing my project for the 
March Anything Goes Challenge.
Please read our simple rules first;
you have all month to play along. 


This is a memory frame I built myself from an old
Larson Juhl moulding kit I have had in my stash.
It is 15"square. 

It was easy to assemble,
using wood glue and the included clips.
Everything was precut, nice and clean edges
with mitered corners that matched up well. 

I had glass cut at a local hardware store
because it is cheaper than the glass from a frame shop.
It doesn't have the UV protection that the museum quality glass
from a frame shop has, 
but I don't care since it isn't something I will keep up forever. 

 I added spacers to give it enough depth for the beads 
we caught at a parade to fit.

Dabs of hot glue were used to attach the beads to a piece of mat board.

Photos and paper memorabilia are attached with double stick tape.

The entire piece is mounted into the solid wood  frame with a 
point gun I was given for my birthday. 

I really enjoyed working on this piece and am excited to
put the other two frame moulding kits I have to use soon!

Thanks for looking =)

Be sure to visit the rest of the design team members blogs

1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)