Woke up Sunday morning with cloudy skies, cooler temps - Aaahhhhhhhh!
Maybe one would be worthy of submitting to the Photo of the Week
section in our local newspaper
Before long, it did rain.
It came down a bit hard, creating bubbles in a puddle.
I have no roses, but here are raindrops on cannas
(Edited to add: this is the photo I submitted
and it won, was published in color in the paper!)
We had light sprinkles for a half hour with one short downpour.
Of course it was immediately soaked up by the parched earth.
What little was standing on the driveway
evaporated into the air right away.
I'd guess 1/4" of rain .
Just a small dent in the 15" (and counting) of rain needed here.
The creek bed is still dry, we've never seen it without water.
Thanks for looking =)



We had a good rain last week so its helped alot. We are still way down from rainfall totals too.
ReplyDeleteThat must have been such a relief, even if it didn't last long!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! I really love the one with the birdhouse on the side of the building and the rain coming down!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea to take pics of the rain, especially since it has been in such short supply for us this year!