Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Teeny Tiny Roses - How To

I thought I ought to try to describe how I made the teeny tiny roses on the pop up wedding cake explosion box.


I use the Flower Trio Punch and 1/8" punch from Stampin' Up!


Punch a small hole in the center of each flower.

Snip in from the edge to the center hole.

Use tweezers to hold the center of the flower, starting at one end of the snipped flower. Twirl around itself. One done this way makes a tiny bud; two wrapped around each other make a fuller "rose".

I use a tiny amount of tacky glue - and lots of patience! - to hold them together.

Yes, it would be much easier using premade flowers ! Or even dying tiny white silk or paper flowers with our reinkers would be quicker. I wanted teeny tiny flowers to match the card stock I used on the box so I made my own since I didn't have anything in my craft stash that would work.


Thanks for looking !

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)