Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Fuzzy Scarf Wreath


Cleaning out closets last week,
I came across this scarf that belonged
to my daughter several years ago. 
I've hung onto it hoping she may want to 
wear it again at some point, 
she does really like scarves after all.
This type of scarf is no longer trendy, 
and it's too colorful for her style now,
so she'll probably never wear it again.

Sooooo,  I made it into a simple, silly wreath !

I stamped and die cut card stock to create a
decorative banner greeting for it. 




All card stock, inks, stamps and dies were 
from Stampin' Up!


Background piece was Close To Cocoa
stamped with Woodgrain background stamp
and Itty Bitty Backgrounds with Espresso ink.
I also lightly rubbed a Creamy Caramel ink pad across it.

Happy is die cut from Peach Parfait card stock
and
 Fall is die cut from Ruby Red card stock.

The leaves were made by coloring the Lovely Leaves
 stamp set directly on the rubber with markers.
Stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock, hand cut
then slightly bent for dimension. 





How to make the wreath base:

 
Foam wreath from Dollar Tree



"Eyelash yarn tube scarf" that was so popular
several years ago


Simply wrap the scarf around the wreath,
pinning in place as needed

Decorate !



I will take this apart at months end,
reusing the banner on a scrapbook page
and probably donating the scarf to a local charity
- unless I find another use for it ;) 

Stop by tomorrow to see the simple Halloween card I made with the leftover piece of card stock from die cutting the word "happy".


Thanks for looking ! 

I'd like to enter my wreath into the following challenges:
SUO Challenges - #183 Autumn Colors
Retro Rubber - #71 Anything Goes (Itty Bitty Backgrounds is 20 years old ! I'm not sure of the age of              the Woodgrain stamp, maybe 7 years old ?)
Use Your Stuff - #279 Fall Is In The Air
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes Sept 12th



EDITED TO ADD:
9/17/2017
My wreath was a top pick at Use Your Stuff

7 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! Who knew an old style knitted scarf would provide a fantastic base for a wreath. Love the banner! Thanks so much for sharing your home decor project with Retro Rubber this week. Always enjoy seeing you in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Your banner is great for your Autumn wreath. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally stealing this idea and just got a scarf out to try it. I'll send a pic if it turns out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute wreath...love the leaves and the knitted scarf you added to the base of the wreath. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic way to upcycle an item :) The wreath is fabulous :) Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and my challenge this week there :)
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS!! Thanks bunches for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Sure hope you will remember us for our next challenge too! Xj.
    TTCRD DT: Joi@RR{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea, right now there are a ton of scarfs in beautiful Autumn colors.
    The banner is awesome, love it and, just so you know, the Woodgrain stamp from Stampin' Up! is from the 2009-2010 catalog.
    Splitcoaststampers is a great place to find out the age of your Stampin' Up! stamp sets, they're in alphabetical order so, if you know the name of your set, you can easily find it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)