Friday, September 29, 2017

It's A Winner - show truck scrapbook page








Today I'm sharing the scrapbook page I've been working on this week 
for the scrapbook I made of my parents show truck. The album has
photos of most of the trophies and awards it won over the years that
they showed it. I've also made a couple of pages showing the two big
road trips my husband and I took it on the past year since the truck was
given to me after Dad's passing. It's a really nice road trip vehicle !


I took the truck to a car show this summer at the urging of my uncle
who was debuting his recently restored 50's Chevy. 
He really wanted Dad's truck parked by his beautiful car.

It was a bittersweet (and very hot, humid!) day.
Mom even showed up at awards time - where I was
totally surprised that the truck won first place in it's class !









Page details:
I edited the photo of the cars to add a "ghost"image of Dad behind the wheel
(it didn't print out well, looks much better on the computer screen).

Stamp images from Stampin' Up!
   Classic Convertibles (2003)
   Classic Pickups (2005)
   Antique Autos (2001) , Route 66 sign image
   Tire Tracks wheel  (2000?)
   Bold Alpha numbers (2002), 1
Creamy Caramel ink, Stampin' Up!
Memento black ink
Silver Encore ink
Gold and silver colored pencils
Diamond Plate embossing folder, Darice
Assorted card stocks
Cuttlebug Quilling Scallops die
Joy Crafts Gears dies
Stampin' Up! Tool Box (?) dies, screw and nut
Silver embossing powder and small circle punches to create faux screw heads
Dimensionals
Dash Plaque from the car show


I'm entering my page in the current challenges at
Retro Rubber Challenge #72 - transportation
     (All of the stamp images are 12-17 years old!)
Use Your Stuff #281 - old and new
     (Lots of old stamp images and new to me this summer Tool Box die set as well as
        the metal dash plaque I received at the car show)
Love To Scrap - anything goes
Through The Craft Room Door - anything goes

Thanks for looking =)

7 comments:

  1. Super cool scrapbook page, WOW!! Love all the details and photos.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a scrapbooker myself, I love to see a scrapbook page appear in the gallery. I do love the way all your details such as the diamond plate embossing folder, the gear cogs and tools, all support the event the page is commemorating. Lovely work! Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout - love the silver embossing.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome page for your parents to enjoy and remember fond memories. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pages of wonderful memories! I got into stamping through scrapbooking and you really show that stamps aren't just for cards. Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will play with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout, love all the details from the embossing to the elements you added to the page. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful keepsake! Wish I could see the "ghost" image of your Dad... I bet that brings warm memories!! Lovely details and textures. Thanks so much for sharing your work of love with Retro Rubber this challenge. As usual, we love seeing you in our gallery!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)