Friday, June 9, 2017

Grand Canyon Scrapbook Page




Today I'm sharing a paper crafted scrapbook page I made 
for the scrapbook album for my Dad's truck. 
I've been busy recently making some simple pages for it
to showcase the trophies and dash plaques he won with it.
I am also adding a few pages with a couple of photos 
that we took of it on our extended road trips with it 
early last fall and late this past winter.
I'll be sharing them as I finish them up.

Since Dad's passing, the truck was given to me to be used
as a daily driver. I don't drive it every single day,
it's just too nice of a truck to do so.

We did drive it over 3500 miles last September
through 11 states out West!
We even drove it to the summit of Pike's Peak,
14,115 feet elevation.

This past February we put another 1800+ miles 
on it driving through 7 more states down South!
This time it was taken below sea level
when we drove through two tunnels in Mobile.
Putting it through the paces for sure. 

There is so much to see in this great land of ours,
maybe next time we'll head to the East Coast
( I really want to go out West again though!).








Page details:

Papers and tag are from an old basic scrapbook kit I bought
at Big Lots several years ago. The tags and frame were all
printed on the packaging which had to be cut apart,
so I do not have the information about the kit any longer.
I added dimensional effects to the compass on the tag
and stapled on a brown grosgrain ribbon scrap.

Brown card stock was die cut with the
Monogram alphabet die set by Little B
(Canyon) then stamped with the old Sanded
background stamp by Stampin' Up!
I've no idea how old this stamp is, there is no
year printed on the sticker. I've had it for years.

I didn't realize when I pulled the two pieces of
Chocolate Chip card stock scraps out that they
were sightly different shades, so the die cut word
"Grand" is darker. It was cut with my old
Cricut Create machine and the Library Fonts cartridge.
The individual letters are glued together.

The tag was stamped with old clear stamps
by My Sentiments Exactly, Casual Multi.
Once again I am unsure of the age,
but I've owned them for many years, too.
I started "collecting" stamps in 2000
and haven't bought any new ones for
a while now, so all of my stamps are
oldies but goodies, perfect for the Retro Rubber Challenges ;)




Thanks for looking !

I'm entering my page in the following challenges:

Retro Rubber - #64 Anything Goes
(I'm guessing the stamps used are at least 10 years old)

Use Your Stuff - #266 Patterned Papers
(5 decorative papers, two card stocks)

Love To Scrap - #98 Boyz Rule

Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes







10 comments:

  1. What a great idea to scrapbook about you dad's truck. I'm sure he would be pleased. My sympathies. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see a scrapbooking page! Great detailing on your lettering and the earthy browns you've used are perfect for your subject matter. Lovely job! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is awesome! And what a nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of all those 'stash' items! Your page looks great and it sounds like you've had some great times traveling in that truck!
    Hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great layout! The perfect mix of papers and what a great thing to document! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page and truck for that matter. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful layout, I love all the textures, great way to document driving that beautiful truck. Thanks for playing again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story and a wonderful layout. Nice color combos and the right touches to pay tribute to the Grand Canyon! Thank you for playing along with us a Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome layout! Thanks for joining the RR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful layout! Such a great way to remember your father through his truck and your trips. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)