Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I Started With A Challenge.......







OperationWriteHome
this week is to make kids cards
inspired by Disney.

While brainstorming what to make,
I decided on a different direction:
a purple and white card
in remembrance of a young friend 
of my children who sadly lost her two year battle with leukemia. 
She and my son had been friends since middle school.
My older daughter also became a friend to her.
Someone at Senior prom took a photo of my son with her
in which she was wearing a gorgeous purple and white gown - so princess like !
So my card was inspired by that photo,
but could easily have been inspired by gowns 
many of the Disney characters wear. 












4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely tribute to the young lady. Very pretty design, yes, a great princess card ! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Heather. And, very princess like with the lace and beautiful sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story and yes there are so many lovely colored gowns in Disney. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully sweet and sad inspiration for an absolutely breathtaking card!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)