Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Paint Dots Cards




More old craft kits I've put to use over the past few days :)
We've had record setting heat in our part of the world
and with no power for two days due to storm damage,
it was a good time to get crafty. 

I bought these "paint dot by symbol" cards and
dimensional paper paints at Big Lots long ago.
They are printed with dots and dashes with different
patterns in them to signify what colors to use.
The paints are in squeeze tubes with fine tips.
They are thick, dimensional paints.

I made several of these cards back when I bought them.
They've since sat neglected as I got busier with the kids, etc 
then when I started making crafty things again, 
I was doing different types of crafty things.
Surprisingly, the new in package paints were still good,
 flowing easily to create the dots and dashes !
Because there is so much good paint leftover,
I will need to think of something else to make with it.....

This card features a rainbow,
so I am entering into the Retro Rubber challenge,
I added the stamped sentiment by
Stampin' Up! from 1997, making it 20 years old.
The set name is Everyday Expressions.

Thanks for looking =) 


3 comments:

  1. Nice card, love your take on the rainbow challenge. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely having so much fun with your older craft stash! This bright and cheery card will bring a smile to the recipient's face! Thanks so much for playing with us at Retro Rubber (and so often!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful rainbow for our rainbow challenge. I'm so glad you rediscovered your paints to make this pretty card! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will play along with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)